PARTS OF COMPUTER SYSTEM UNIT
- Motherboard – is a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) found inside a computer. It is the foundation of a computer. It is so called mb, mainboard, mobo, mobd, backplane board, base board, main circuit board, planar board, system board, or a logic board on Apple computers.
- Power Supply Unit– It supplies power to the computer. It is so called PSU. PSU converts mains AC to low-voltage regulated DC power for the internal components of a computer.[pinoyreviews]
- Central Processing Unit – (CPU) another term for processor and microprocessor. It is a considered the “brain” of the computer. CPU is responsible for interpreting and executing computer commands from the computer’s hardware and software.
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is a storage device where Operating System is being stored. It is sometimes called HDD (abbreviation), hard drive, hard disk, fixed drive, fixed disk.
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM DRIVE- (Compact Disc Read-Only Memory) is a disk drive that uses laser light or electromagnetic waves within or near the visible light spectrum in reading or writing data to or from optical discs.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) – is commonly called main memory, primary memory, or system memory. RAM is a volatile memory means power is required to keep the data accessible, when computer is turned off all the data stored in the memory will lost.
- Floppy Drive (FDD) – it is also called floppy disk drive (FDD). It is a hardware device that reads data storage information. FDDs are used for reading and writing on removable floppy discs. It is common in older computer system unit.[pinoyreviews]
- Expansion Cards – also called expansion board, internal card, add-on card, adapter card or accessory card. It is a PCB (Printed Circuit Board) that fits into an expansion slot on a desktop computer. It gives computer additional capabilities, such as enhanced video performance via a graphics card, Audio Card, and LAN Card/Network card.